DiSabatino Construction Company, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for a construction project manager. Ideal candidates will have 5-7 years experience in a commercial construction setting.
Responsibilities and Duties
Typical responsibilities include:
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete the project.
- Participates in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents
- Develops and administers project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions: performs project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
- Manage total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, specifications and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, architect/engineer representatives, other contractors, etc.
- Authorizes the issuance of contracts, purchase orders and change orders and approves contractor invoices for payment
- Oversees work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption in projects where ongoing operations are expected.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect companies interest and simultaneously maintain good relationships with clients
- Represent company in project meetings
- Participate in strategy sessions as appropriate
- Aggressively direct compliance with all safety programs, policies, and procedures and insist on a safe work environment
- Manage performance and delivery criteria in the context of the overall responsibility for proper planning, coordination and supervision of on-site functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and other contractors
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended construction methods and equipment as required. Manage extra work estimating and issuance of change orders.
- Assume responsibility for contractual performance of the project.
- Inspects completed project work ensuring compliance
- Delivery of on time accurate monthly project review reporting
- Maintaining accurate job files and documentation
- Analyze project results to determine “best practices “ and continuous improvement initiatives
- Generate variance reports and participate in establishing and maintaining production standards.
- Comply with all procedures and processes directed by DiSabatino’s Operations Manual
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Qualifications and Skills
Attributes of a successful candidate include:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Technical knowledge of building components and their function
- Record maintenance skills
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities to meet the business need and the companies goals and objectives
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations
- Ability to make complex operating, administrative, and procedural decisions
- Knowledge of budgeting, cost estimating, and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Ability to perform site inspections and/or approve installations
- Above average skills in the use of computers, specifically in a PC, Windows-based environment and other construction related software
- Awareness of the significance of the major profit and loss responsibility associated with the position which influences business success.
- Ability to provide information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate ,in time decisions.
- Team player
- Must be a self-starter and require minimal supervision with a can do attititude.
- Ability to marshal resources to get things done: orchestrate multiple activities; maintains information and files in a useful (effective and efficient) manner
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Educational background and experience may include; four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience, minimum of 8 years construction management, estimating, and/or craft supervision experience in the industry.
Competitive pay structure based on experience.
Paid Vacation and holidays
Health & Life insurance and 401k
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.