DiSabatino Construction Company, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for a construction superintendent. The successful candidate will provide leadership, training, and direction to manage all aspects of a large construction project.
A Superintendent must possess and have field experience with the following:
- Supervisory experience in managing people, priorities, budgets, and projects.
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, building codes, and other project documents.
- Capable of translating project documents into detailed job tasks.
- Capable of implementing the job tasks necessary to construct the project.
- Ability to organize, track, and evaluate all elements of a large project.
- Advanced computer skills including ability to use Microsoft Office suite of programs and project management programs such as Microsoft Project and Prolog.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, managers, contractors, and employees.
- Ability to motivate people to work efficiently and effectively, and provide a positive employee relations climate at the project site.
- Effectively manage project safety requirements.
- Overall responsibility for field managing large projects.
- Coordination of manpower, materials, and subcontractors necessary for project completion.
- Plan, create, and update the schedule for all project activities.
- Communicate project schedule to management, subcontractors, and customer.
- Conduct field meetings necessary for project coordination when Project Manager is not available.
- Field execution of drawings, specifications, and schedules.
- Provide leadership that reinforces both company and team concepts.
- Provide and maintain a positive safety attitude on the job site.
- Monitor and maintain quality standards at the project site.
- Develop productivity requirements and control field costs for company self-performed work.
- Develop capabilities of construction employees to learn new skills.
- Completes estimates for small projects, and Additional Work Requests (AWR’s).
- Initiate, review, and process field AWR’s and Potential Change Orders (PCO’s).
- Initiates, checks, and maintains all field project paper-work and computer files for reporting employee and sub-contractor time, Time & Material reports, and data necessary to properly track and account for all phases of the project.
- Continually demonstrate ability to organize, plan, communicate, implement, and document day-to-day project activities.
STRENGTH: Medium Work – Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Customer Service
- Personal Development
- Business Focus
- Policy Adherence
- Interpersonal Relationships
- 5 + Years of experience as a supervisor preferably in a commercial setting
- Proficient using computers, especially work planning software, Excel, and email
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Competitive pay structure based on experience. Health & life insurance, paid vacation & holiday, 401k match offered.